Wednesday 2 March 2011

Sharing This Crazy Journey

WOW! So we are having twins...

We found out on the 28th February (my brother's birthday) at our 12 week ultrasound that our 'last' baby in fact is going to be two. Two whole bratties that share our genes, thrust upon the world at once!

The last few days have been an insane rollercoaster ride of emotional ups and downs, coming to terms with the panic and excitement all at once. I found this morning when I woke up I was a little more at peace with the idea, so my subconscious has been plugging away at it pretty hard in my sleep! There is so much to consider: finances firstly, but then practicalities of space in cars and bedrooms, nappies, prams - I'm sure you can imagine! We have been researching and researching, and are getting pretty close to having at least short term needs planned. So now I feel I am at the point where the thought of cuddles with two gorgeous babies/kids is becoming pretty damn exciting!!


Two heads, two placentas, and two very distinct amniotic sacs. Cool huh?!

Twin A crown to rump length measurement, with a bit of Twin B on the right

Twin B crown to rump length measurement - check out the cute nose and hand in the profile!


Apparently with twin pregnancies you are incredibly closely monitored, and have ultrasounds every couple of weeks or so. It's going to be very cool seeing them grow so regularly - can't wait to find out if we are having a boy and girl, boy and boy or girl and girl. So much excitement!!!


1 comment:

  1. WOW those ultrasound pictures are amazing!! <3 ahh well, i'm one excited person, i think it's amazing that they'll be lucky enough to literally know each other since they've been born.
    BIG KISSES :)
    your little sister.

    ReplyDelete